By Robert C. Hendel M.D., Robert C. Hendel M.D. (auth.), Gary V. Heller, Robert C. Hendel (eds.)
This small instruction manual offers a "just the proof" method of using nuclear cardiology for the final cardiology inhabitants. it's an accessory to the present literature in supplying an easy case-based method of the technique, software and result of using nuclear cardiology. it's a fast-access, pocket-sized compendium of data, seriously biased towards a medical cardiology inhabitants. As such it will likely be a comparatively cheap, colourful and attractive reference source that would be well known to loads of cardiologists the world over. As higher numbers of nations put money into the hot thoughts, the starvation for info increases vastly.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Nuclear Cardiology: Cardiac SPECT and Cardiac PET PDF
Similar nuclear books
This publication presents a photo of the state-of-the paintings within the examine of mammalian telephone nuclear structure, and contours a various diversity of chapters written through best researchers. A key point is an emphasis on distinct and repeatable quantitative research and simulation as well as the extra normal organic standpoint.
The necessity for this publication arose from my educating, engineering, and - seek event within the non-power features of nuclear expertise. the shortcoming of a accomplished textbook in business functions of radiation pissed off my scholars, who needed to lodge to a mess of textbooks and learn guides to familiarize themselves with the fundam- tal and functional elements of radiation expertise.
- Nuclear corrosion modeling : the nature of CRUD
- Dynamical aspects of nuclear fission: proceedings of the 6th International Conference, Smolenice Castle, Slovak Republic : 2-6 October 2006
- Democracy and Deterrence: The History and Future of Nuclear Strategy
- Nuclear Energy and Liability in South Asia: Institutions, Legal Frameworks and Risk Assessment within SAARC
- Nuclear South Asia: Keywords and Concepts
- Nuclear weapons complex reconfiguration study
Extra resources for Handbook of Nuclear Cardiology: Cardiac SPECT and Cardiac PET
For more detail concerning diabetic patients, refer to Chap. 8. The recommendations for CAC evaluation in asymptomatic patients is discussed in Chap. 20. Similar to diabetic patients, patients with chronic renal insufficiency (CRI) have a markedly increased risk of CAD, with CAD being the leading cause of death in this population . The high mortality seen in this group can be attributed to frequently co-existent conditions including hypertension, hyperlipidemia and left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH), but are also secondary to the metabolic derangements seen in patient with CRI and end-stage renal disease (ESRD).
12. Schwartz RG, Pearson TA, Kalaria VG, et al. Prospective serial evaluation of myocardial perfusion and lipids during the first six months of pravastatin therapy: coronary artery disease regression single photon emission computed tomography monitoring trial. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003;42(4):600–10. 5 Evaluation of Patients with Known Coronary Artery Disease 45 13. Cottin Y, Rezaizadeh K, Touzery C, et al. Long-term prognostic value of 201Tl single-photon emission computed tomographic myocardial perfusion imaging after coronary stenting.
13]) symptoms and are taken for imaging within 30 min to 2 h of injection. When injected during or shortly after the resolution of symptoms, the demonstration of perfusion abnormalities is associated with the presence of CAD and with a high incidence of cardiac events with previous studies demonstrating a sensitivity and negative predictive value of up to 99% . An additional utility seen in ARMPI is the prediction of short-term cardiovascular events. Prior studies have demonstrated incremental value in predicting both the expected likelihood of disease including MI in patients found to have abnormal perfusion studies as well as the expected low likelihood of disease in patients with normal studies .
Handbook of Nuclear Cardiology: Cardiac SPECT and Cardiac PET by Robert C. Hendel M.D., Robert C. Hendel M.D. (auth.), Gary V. Heller, Robert C. Hendel (eds.)