By Martin Haspelmath
The sequence builds an intensive selection of top of the range descriptions of languages worldwide. every one quantity bargains a finished grammatical description of a unmarried language including absolutely analyzed pattern texts and, if acceptable, a glossary and different proper info that's on hand at the language in query. There aren't any regulations as to language relations or quarter, and even if specified awareness is paid to hitherto undescribed languages, new and precious remedies of higher identified languages also are incorporated. No theoretical version is imposed at the authors; the single criterion is a excessive average of medical caliber.
Read or Download A Grammar of Lezgian PDF
Best foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
This version is written in English. although, there's a operating French glossary on the backside of every web page for the more challenging English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are numerous versions of Dubliners. This variation will be worthy if you'd like
This version is written in English. besides the fact that, there's a working Spanish glossary on the backside of every web page for the tougher English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are various versions of the key Sharer. This version will be valuable for those who wo
It is a entire and specified introductory Korean textbook and language studying package deal. Korean is now the fifteenth most well liked language taught at American universities. This new version of straightforward Korean, the main complete and distinctive introductory Korean textbook to be had, bargains starting newcomers of Korean every little thing they should examine the language successfully.
- Arabic Sociolinguistics: Topics in Diglossia, Gender, Identity, and Politics
- French in Action: A Beginning Course in Language and Culture
- The Rough Guide to Egyptian Arabic Dictionary Phrasebook 2 (Rough Guide Phrasebooks)
- Esperanto-English Dictionary
- Webster's German to English Crossword Puzzles: Level 1
- Serbian: An Essential Grammar (Essential Grammars)
Additional resources for A Grammar of Lezgian
4%) gave some other native language (mainly Azerbaijani, cf. below). 8% of those whose native language is not Lezgian). 6%) said they know Russian. 6%) gave another Daghestanian language as their native language. 3%) know another Daghestanian language. 4%) gave Russian. 5%) know Russian. 2. Geographical location Lezgian is spoken in an area of about 5 000 km 2 in southern Daghestan and in northern Azerbaijan ("Lezgistan"). In Daghestan, the Kuraxskij, Sulejman-Stal'skij (formerly Kasumkentskij), Magaramkentskij, and Axtynskij rayons are completely occupied by Lezgians.
Particularly active in this early phase of the standard language were Gadiibek Gadiibekov (or HeZibegen HeZibeg; cf. GadZibekov 1932, haiibegof 1928, Haiibegov 1934, heZibegen 1931, he2ibegov 1931; the spelling variants of Gad2ibekov's name show the lack of standardization at that time) and Abdulkadir Alkadarskij (cf. Alq'adarskij 1934,1939-41, Alkadarskij 1932). The new standard language was based on the Küre dialect (or, more specifically, on the Güne dialect of the Küre dialect group). According to Gajdarov (1962), there were three reasons for choosing this dialect: First, this dialect is spoken by the largest number of speakers; second, it was wellknown through the work of the famous poets Jetim Emin and St'al Sulejman (Sulejman Stal'skij), who were speakers of that dialect; and third, the only linguistic description of Lezgian available at that time, Uslar's (1896) grammar, was based on a dialect of the Küre dialect group.
1. Vowel syncope 39 syncope, but syncope of /a/ occurs as well. Post-tonic Vowel Syncope seems to be restricted to inflectional suffixes (but cf. ). In this section I will mention mainly the cases that result in alternations and the cases that showed spelling vacillations before the definitive standardization of the spelling in the 1960s. 1. ) (as well as the corresponding Continuative suffixes -zama/ -zma, -nama/-nma). The Imperfective and the Perfect go back to periphrastic constructions with the auxiliary verb awa (locative copula, cf.
A Grammar of Lezgian by Martin Haspelmath